Monday, July 22, 2024

A Monday Fun Day (Finally)

 It's been a few weeks since I've been in a good mood on a Monday, largely because most of the latest political news was depressing the hell out of me.

When the news suddenly broke yesterday that Joe Biden had gracefully announced he was withdrawing from the race and endorsing Kamala Harris for president instead, I was initially stunned. I didn't believe the Waste of Turds would be urging Biden to abandon the race if he believed he could beat him in November. 

I really like the idea of having Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee, because she was my first choice when I voted for her in the 2020 Democratic primary. At the time, I wasn't sure Joe could win, even against a manure pile like Donny Turds. If she impressed me so positively then, I won't worry about her running now.

One thing is constant with Democratic voters: There are always a bunch of them who piss and moan about anything that has the majority of Democrats excited, and Kamala's ascent to the top spot is no exception. Today, the argument of the malcontents is that Americans will never elect a Black Woman as POTUS. That might be the case, but there are a few reasons I have confidence she can win:

  • America elected Barack Obama twice.
  • Kamala Harris was on the ballot when she and Joe Biden beat Donny Turds in the Electoral College 306-232 and won the popular vote by 4.4 points (over seven million votes).
  • Since the 2020 election, there have been major changes in the political landscape (abortion rights, etc).
  • Donny Turds is recognized as a huge threat to American democracy now, and is a convicted felon as well.
  • Within 24 hours, millions of dollars in small-amount donations poured into the Democratic campaign treasury.
  • Donny Turds is now the oldest presidential nominee ever, and he's noticeably senile too.
  • When the Democratic Party is united, the party wins elections with high turnout, and the party seems to be unifying now that Joe Biden has made his decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment