Monday, August 28, 2017

Rain

The rainfall began Thursday afternoon while I was at the Exxon station filling up the car. I had planned to run a few errands, but drove home instead. That shower soon ended, but the rain started again around midnight Friday, then lasted continuously until now (about 11:38 AM on Monday). The forecast for today is about 0.8 inches.

The total Saturday rainfall was 4.30 inches, and Sunday was worse at 8.28 inches. I can't remember experiencing 12.6 inches of rain in 48 hours before, and frankly, I don't want to see this shit ever again. The current prediction is total rainfall of 1.5 inches or less per day through Wednesday, then a week of minimal rain (ranging from 0.0 to 0.2 inches per day).

I've conditioned my mind to expect a three-mile walk every day, and when I can't walk outdoors because of the shitty weather in this state, it really pisses me off.

On a positive note, I was able to go nearly two whole days without giving Donny Johnny much thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment