Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The hail of it all

It was cloudy at 5:00 today, and only 69 degrees. Perfect walking weather, I thought. I was about 2.4 miles through a 3.1 mile route when it started to sprinkle rain. I've walked in that before, so it didn't particularly bother me. Then something thumped me on top of my head, then again and again, and I realized it had started to hail. It wasn't mega-hail, each stone being about the size of a pea, but they were really coming down.

I ended up jogging most of the last half-mile, and consequently broke the 4.0 average mph barrier for the first time in 2010. It felt good, and my left knee held up better than I expected. I don't remember ever being outside in a hailstorm before, so I guess there's a first time for everything. I'm especially glad nature decided to pelt me with peas and not golf balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment