Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hysteria

I was surprised late yesterday when I first read about the Extreme Court's choice to take up Dipshit Dimwit's appeal that he can't be guilty of felonies since he had total immunity as the so-called precedent (sic). After the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that no immunity existed, I expected the Extremes to stay above the fray and uninvolved.

The reaction among liberals who post on Democratic-leaning web pages seems to follow the usual pattern. Many of them are surrendering, expecting the six right-wingers to confirm immunity, or more likely, slow down the process to keep the federal cases in D.C. and Florida from happening before November.

There are a few liberals who caution against panic and since I don't know what's going on behind closed doors, I'll try to remain patient. I can't see more than the two worst Extremes (Smug Sammy and Clearance Sale) confirming immunity. 

Added 6:19 PM: I stopped worrying about politics to start working on my income tax return, then went back to the internet to see what new crisis had developed. The Extremes plan to start hearing arguments on April 22nd, but most Democrats seem convinced that they won't issue their ruling on immunity for several months afterward. I"m not able to locate any credible confirmation of this timeline (that it's written in stone, or otherwise required).

No comments:

Post a Comment