Saturday, November 12, 2016

Football 2016: Week Eleven

College football isn't as important to me this weekend as it was last Saturday. Events have a way of changing my outlook on life and forcing me to rearrange my priorities. Last week, I was depressed because Texas A&M collapsed in every phase of the game and was manhandled by a team I thought they might beat by at least two TDs. I've been watching Sumlin's teams start strong and finish weak for too long, and I'm sick of it.

Today, the Aggies have a chance to get the train back on the tracks against Ole Miss. This is a game I penciled in as an A&M loss in August, but the Rebels are 4-5 and have lost their hotshot quarterback to injury. As luck would have it, Trevor Knight is also injured, making the QB issue a wash. I don't understand why, but A&M is a 20 point favorite. College Football News thinks they'll win without covering the spread (37-26). I'll believe it when it happens. UPDATE: Texas A&M is no longer competitive in the SEC after back-to-back losses against MSU last week and Ole Miss tonight. Final score 29-28, and the Aggies had a 21-6 lead at one point. Some changes are overdue.

The other SEC games and CFN score predictions:
  • Kentucky (5-4) at Tennessee (6-3). Vols win 31-23. UPDATE: Tennessee won a shootout 49-36.
  • Mississippi State (4-5) at Alabama (9-0). Tide keeps rolling 40-6. UPDATE: Not even close. Alabama takes care of business 51-3.
  • Auburn (7-2) at Georgia (5-4). Bulldogs lose 26-17. UPDATE: Georgia held off Auburn in a 13-7 struggle.
  • Vanderbilt (4-5) at Missouri (2-7). Commodores 20-16. UPDATE: Missouri takes this one 26-17
  • LSU (5-3) at Arkansas (6-3). Hogs lose 23-20. UPDATE: LSU won easily 38-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment