Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainfall

For a week or two, the right front tire on my car was losing pressure due to a gradual leak. After my third trip to the neighborhood Exxon station for another 75 cents worth of compressed air, I decided to have the tire examined by professionals and hopefully have the leak located and repaired.

Friday morning I took the Jetta to the Volkswagen dealer. They discovered the cause of the leak (a puncture caused by a small screw), mended the tire, and even completed the 24th month free service that was coming due in a few days. By 3:00 pm, I had the leak repaired, oil and filter changed, battery tested, wheels rotated, everything inspected, and as usual, the service department threw in a free car wash. I hadn't driven more than a block when the rain started coming down. It wasn't a lot of rain at first, just enough to mess up the car and reinforce my longstanding superstition. The last time the Jetta was washed, I did it myself in the hot sun and we didn't get significant rain for nearly three weeks. That pissed me off, because we were in a prolonged drought and my yard was burning up.

Anyway, my car looked shiny and new for about five minutes. The good news is that after I was safely parked in the garage, we got a downpour that lasted well into the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment