Thursday, September 9, 2010

Football 2010-Week Two

The college football season began last Saturday, but the only game I was interested in seeing was the matchup featuring Boise State against Virginia Tech. The Hokies knocked off TAMU twice this decade (2002-2003), so the formula required me to pull for Boise State, who won 33-30. The Aggies beat SFA decisively, but the outcome of that game tells me nothing about their future prospects.

I checked the television schedule at College Football News, and it appears the choices are much better this weekend: Georgia at South Carolina, Michigan at Notre Dame, Florida State at Oklahoma, Miami at Ohio State, Penn State at Alabama, and Virginia at USC. Looks like a Saturday to spend watching the tube.

Added 8:40 am, Sunday: As things turned out, there was too much hell breaking loose around here to watch all the games yesterday. I had a chance to watch parts of several, though. The formula called for me to support South Carolina against Georgia, getting me off to a 1-0 start. Oklahoma demolished Florida State by 30, and Miami lost 36-24 to Ohio State, dropping my record to 1-2. Michigan then edged Notre Dame 28-24 to even the count at 2-2, and Alabama knocked off Penn State 24-3 in the night game, so I finished Saturday at 3-2. USC got a late start against Virginia, but in the early going, that looked like a tossup.

No comments:

Post a Comment