Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gridiron, week 10

The 5-4 Aggies face the 5-4 Sooners tonight at Norman, Oklahoma. The Sooners are a 20 point favorite, which is a revealing commentary on the status of A&M's football program these days. The game is on TV, but if the oddsmakers are predicting accurately, I won't be watching very long. The lineup of afternoon games isn't especially exciting, but apparently Stanford vs Southern Cal will be shown, and since USC is my new favorite college team, I'll give 'em a look.

Updated 9:48 pm: A bad football day all around. In still another reminder that I missed the bandwagon, Stanford gave USC a stomping (55-21). I watched a little of the Aggies at OU, but quit on it when the sooners got ahead 28-10. I flipped back from time to time to check the score. It was 35-10, then 55-10, then 65-10. I realized there was a definite pattern developing, and it wasn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment