Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gridiron results, week three

The games on TV today weren't as interesting as those last Saturday, so I watched in fits and starts. Based on my rooting formula discussed last week, I went 2-0 in the afternoon games. Florida outlasted Tennessee (23-13) in the SEC showcase game, and Virginia Tech pulled off an incredible late TD to edge Nebraska (16-15). I didn't get to watch my new favorite team, since Southern Cal's game with Washington wasn't shown here. Just as well -- Washington pulled the big upset of the day (16-13). Every time I jump on a team's bandwagon, their wheels start coming off.

The night games were Georgia at Arkansas and Texas Tech at Texas. My main interest in the Arkansas game is that they're an upcoming opponent for TAMU. Based on the parts I saw, the Aggies will have their hands full in that one. I don't expect A&M to win but if they do, it will fall into the category of amazing upsets. The red raiders and longhorns were locked in a deadly dull defensive struggle in the first half of their game, and I gave up on it at that point. I hate both teams, so I don't pull for either of them when they face off --- I just enjoy the fact that one of them lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment