Monday, October 9, 2017

Patriotism

I stopped watching professional football years ago. In fact, I can't remember which season I made the decision to give it up for good, but I started to taper off after Jimmy Johnson left his coaching job with the Dallas Cowboys. I stuck around for most of the Barry Switzer era, and even watched some games during the two years Chan Gailey coached the team. 

By the time Dave Campo was hired (in 2000), it was obvious that Jerry Jones had taken a topnotch NFL team (the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson) and over a period of a few years, managed to bury it in a mountain of shit. The decline of the Cowboys, combined with the trashy presentation of NFC games on Fox, was more than I could tolerate and by the time Bush 43 invaded Iraq, I was almost completely rid of my pro football habit. 

That's why I despise Jerry Jones as much as I despise any Republican politician. Today, Jones gave me one more reason to hate his fucking guts with his new line in the sand policy on phony patriotism

In the world of sleazy assholes like The Fucking Moron, Mike (Turd) Pence, and Jerry (Facelifts) Jones, kneeling in a silent protest against racist injustice during the national anthem is unpatriotic. Real patriotism is selling out to the Russians to steal a presidential election, and swamping the federal government in levels of corruption previously unimaginable in my lifetime.

I'd love to see all the star players on the Dallas roster united to test Jerry's limits on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment