Saturday, February 6, 2016

Football: Super Bowl, etc.

It's February and the 2015 football season is finally reaching its official conclusion tomorrow when the Denver Broncos meet the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl. That's the second big football-related newspaper story today. The biggest story is Johnny Manziel continuing to piss away his life and his career as an NFL quarterback.

I'll always wonder how things might be different if Manziel had skipped the NFL and played his junior and senior seasons at Texas A&M. We'll never know.

The Panthers are favored by 5.5 points according to the latest line. I don't have a natural rooting interest in either team, but I have relatives who live in Colorado and are big Denver fans, so I guess I'll pull {slightly} for the Broncos to get an upset win in SB50.

Added 5:00 PM Sunday: Another reason to root for the Broncos is a modest Texas A&M connection. The Denver head coach is former Aggie quarterback Gary Kubiak, and Von Miller is a star LB on their defense.

Update 10:40 PM Sunday:  Denver won 24-10, and Von Miller was the game's MVP. I know some Colorado residents who are real happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment