Friday, January 23, 2015

Football 2015: Recruiting (Commitment)

Will Kyler Murray stick to his commitment or not?

Since Texas A&M has gone from being loaded at quarterback to cupboard-almost-bare status in a matter of weeks, the question is probably a little more important that it would be if Kenny (Down) Hill was still under contract.

High school football recruiting can become addicting, and I say that as a former junkie myself. Somewhere around the house, I probably still have notebooks full of Top 100 recruiting lists that I compiled back in the 1990s. I was finally able to break the hold that recruiting had on my life when I eventually realized that (A) many of A&M's good players had never appeared on any newspaper's Top 100 list, and that (B) too many of those who were listed never developed into difference-makers who could get A&M over the 8-win barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment