Saturday, November 22, 2014

Football 2014: Week Thirteen

Week (lucky) thirteen will be pretty dull as far as televised SEC football is concerned. The SEC showcase game (on CBS at 2:30 PM) features Ole Miss as a FG favorite at Arkansas. The Rebels lost two games to MSU and Auburn, and the Razorbacks won 17-0 against LSU. The Aggies edged Arkansas in OT and were stomped by Ole Miss, so the formula requires me to root for Arkansas. College Football News predicts Ole Miss will win 23-16.

The evening game (on ESPN at 6:30 PM) is Missouri at Tennessee. The Vols are favored by 3.5 points, but CFN expects Mizzou to win 34-30. I hate Missouri, and I hope Tennessee beats them --- but I'm not counting on it.

I haven't seen a Pac-12 game all season, but Southern Cal is at UCLA at 7:00 PM on ABC, and I might watch that game instead of the SEC game. I was a USC fan back around the time they were winning national championships, and before they got in trouble with the NCAA. The Bruins are favored (3.5 points), and CFN forecasts a UCLA win (34-28).

Added 4:16 PM Saturday: Arkansas is looking tough today, and leads Ole Miss by 17-0 at the half. Texas A&M should be glad they played the Razorbacks when they did, because I'm not sure they could beat them now.

Added 6:10 PM Saturday: I walked 2.9 miles, about one mile of it in the rain, and got home just in time to catch the final score. Arkansas won 30-0. Back-to-back shutouts of good SEC West opponents for the Razorbacks, and another growing threat Sumlin must try to overcome next season. As if the hill to climb wasn't already steep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment